Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Another Month Flown By



I know it probably sounds trite, but I really cannot believe my sweet baby is over 2 months old already (and I'm already failing at getting his monthly posts out on time)! He is already changing and growing so much!


I was able to take some pics of him last week, but am just now getting to post because we have been busy preparing for my 10 Year high school reunion that was this past weekend. It was so much fun getting to see everyone and catch up. I only took 2 pictures (fail), but you can probably find a bunch from everyone on Facebook. Thanks to everyone who made the trip!


So back to Lucas' 2nd month. The big accomplishment this month was getting a real smile for the first time. Talk about melting my heart. I had been trying my hardest to squeeze a smile out of him, and of course Andy came home from work to play with him and got the first grin! Now he is smiling at us without coercion.


I almost hesitate to say it, but he has still been a great sleeper (sorry to all you moms still struggling with sleepless nights). Around Labor Day, he started sleeping about 8-10 hours a night, waking up once in the middle to eat. His longest sleep stretch has been about 6 1/2 hours.

He went on his first road trip this month (7 hours!) so he could meet Uncle B for the first time (Brandon's free time is pretty much nonexistent right now with residency so he wasn't able to come when Lucas was born).



He also went on his first boat ride at 6 weeks old. Grandbub and Deedee found a tiny life jacket for him so he could go.


He finally has gotten into his 0-3 months clothes, and I started pulling out his newborn stuff to pack up and make room for the bigger stuff. It was kind of hard to put it away but now he has lots of cute new stuff he can cycle through.

He experienced his first of many game days.


He had his first cold, which was just a stuffy nose, but then ended up with an eye infection (boo) so he had to get some antibiotic ointment for that.

He made it through his first bath without crying.


He has gotten to where he will watch me & Andy as we go about the room. He has also started to get more active with playtime. He is liking his play mat, his bug that hangs on his carseat, and his lovies. We've started reading a few books here and there and he seems to like looking at them (maybe?). He still loves being outside.

He has stopped wrinkling his forehead all the time like he did as a newborn.

We started trying cloth diapers. So far so good!


Today was his 2 month checkup and he had his first round of shots. He fussed a little getting them, but has seemed fine since.


I know this is not the most exciting post for you readers out there, but I really want to record these things, so I will remember them down the road! Thanks for sticking with me!




No comments:

Post a Comment