Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Lake People


I feel like most people in the world are either beach people or lake people. You may enjoy going to both, but if you had to choose one for the rest of your life, what would it be? There's your answer.

My family, we are lake people. Don't get me wrong, we love going to the beach. But if we had to choose just one, we'd pick the lake. So this Labor Day weekend, as usual, we packed up and headed to the lake. (Andy is a beach person, but we still let him tag along =)

Our Backseat Driver

My family has been going to Greers' Ferry Lake in Arkansas since I was little. My parents actually went there on their honeymoon. Even though it's a 7-hour drive now, Andy and I still make the trek whenever we can. It's one of the most beautiful lakes I've ever been to...definitely worth the drive! 

This weekend, in addition to the fam, we got to bring along some good friends of ours, Tyler and Lindsay, and the guest of honor, sweet baby Piper. We ate tons of amazing food (thanks to my super-chef mom & grilling king dad)...went boating, swimming, tubing...played some cut throat table tennis...and played our favorite games: joker board and Ticket to Ride. Here are some pics from the weekend...(I didn't take many, so most of these are stolen from mom's iPhone)









1 comment:

  1. What a refreshing and fun weekend. So thankful to get some time with the Sanders and Edwards. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete